Citizens for Conservation Thanks You!
Many residents in the northwest Chicagoland area prize the natural beauty and openness of their community and surroundings. They value the parks, preserves, and spaciousness of the area. We all appreciate the sense of community we feel working side by side with family, friends and neighbors to protect and preserve the picturesque landscape. With our mission of "Saving Living Space for Living Things." Citizens for Conservation (CFC) is one of the most recognized and successful volunteer conservation groups in Illinois. There are generations of family members and friends acting as stewards to our precious natural areas, protecting a quality of life that allows our habitat and nature's habitat to co-exist.
Flint Creek Savanna is one of Citizens for Conservation's greatest accomplishments and is a good example of how our community members have worked together to create one of northeastern Illinois' finest wetland mitigations, a prairie pothole. We have also cooperated to return native wildflowers to the oak savannas. It was hard work raising funds over a number of years, but with our generous supporters we were able to purchase the property and begin to restore its diverse habitats. During the twenty-five years since CFC purchased the first parcel for Flint Creek Savanna, we have restored sedge meadows, prairies, and open-water wetlands, nourishing a thriving and cohesive ecosystem.
CFC has helped to protect, preserve, and restore more than 3,100 acres in the Barrington area. Tireless volunteers and members performing thousands of hours of hands-on labor made possible this achievement.
We value every contribution and strive to ensure that each donation provides value to the community. Join our efforts to protect and preserve the natural lands that make the Barrington area an exceptional place to live. Please send a generous tax-deductible donation so that CFC can continue its mission of restoring natural lands, clean water, and a healthy environment for residents and for wildlife.
Very truly yours,
Citizens for Conservation Board of Directors
Why Members Matter:
Your support makes a huge difference. As a member of Citizens for Conservation you are part of an organization that not only directly benefits you, but also your neighbors and the entire Barrington area community. Our members are partners in the acquisition and restoration of our land resources in the Barrington, Illinois area. Please join us and become a steward of our most valuable natural resource.
Benefits of membership:
- Discounts at all CFC plant sales
- Free admission to CFC educational programs
- Free access to all eleven of CFC's preserves
- Free children's classes at CFC
- Free quarterly newsletter
- Invitations to free guided nature walks
Become a member of Citizens for Conservation! Please pay via PayPal:
|Select a Membership Level|
Three ways to help Citizens for Conservation protect living space for living things for generations to come!
Donate Cash Online
You can make an immediate gift to Citizens for Conservation by donating online through PayPal:
Donate by Mail:
You may also mail a check to us at:
Citizens for Conservation, Inc.
459 W. Highway 22,
Barrington, IL 60010.
If you would like to make a gift of land, or consider naming Citizens for Conservation in your will, please contact us.
For over forty years, Citizens for Conservation has acquired and restored ecologically significant land in the Barrington area with the help of generous contributions and land donations. We have collaborated with local municipalities and forest preserve districts to protect thousands of additional acres. Our efforts help maintain the natural beauty and open spaces in our communities and contribute to the quality of life for present and future generations.
A planned gift through your estate can ensure CFC has funds for future land acquisition and stewardship while providing you with valuable tax benefits. And best of all, there are many easy ways to do it:
- Will bequest. A clause in a will or codicil is one of simplest ways to make a gift from an estate to CFC.
- Living trust. A clause similar to a will bequest will implement a charitable gift to CFC through a living trust.
- Charitable gift annuity. A gift annuity transfers donor assets to CFC in exchange for the promise to pay a lifetime annuity. An annuity provides income, some of which may be tax-free, and estate tax deductions as well as capital gains tax benefits.
- Charitable life income trust. The donor can make a large gift while retaining income. Some charitable trusts provide substantial tax benefits and capital gains tax avoidance.
- Retirement plan gift. Donors can designate CFC as a beneficiary in Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA's) and 401(k) plans. Some donors are able to make gifts directly from their retirement plans.
- Life insurance gift. Donors can donate policies or simply name Citizens for Conservation as a beneficiary.
- Real estate gift. Real estate gifts come in a variety of sizes and arrangements. Some allow donors to make gifts, obtain charitable tax deductions and remain on the property for their lifetimes. Some gifts may provide benefit by capital gains tax avoidance.
Your legacy gift will:
- Support your values
- Reduce your income taxes and/or estate taxes
- Improve our community for future generations
- Honor or memorialize someone you love
- Allow you to retain control of your assets during your lifetime
- leave a meaningful legacy
- Contribute to the open land in perpetuity
Please download the CFC Planned Giving Brochure to discuss options with your family.