NOTE: Due to COVID-19 guidelines from the CDC, IL State Governor, IL Dept. of Public Health and others, the Spring Bird Walks are CANCELLED until further notice.
Updated status will be posted here and on social media as restrictions and recommendations change. Please check back for updates.
Barrington Area Spring Bird Walks & Hikes 2020
Cosponsored by Audubon Great Lakes and Citizens for Conservation
Get to know nearby nature with Barrington area naturalist Wendy Paulson
Walks are free and open to the public though spaces are limited and RSVPs are required. (see below)
Waterproof boots are strongly recommended for these hikes. Don’t forget your binoculars!
Before you head out, please be sure to check the Citizens for Conservation website (citizensforconservation.org) for any last minute changes or cancellations.
- April 17, 8 a.m. — Crabtree Nature Center (3 Stover Road off of Palatine Road)
- April 29, 7:30 a.m. — Crabtree Nature Center (3 Stover Road off of Palatine Road)
- May 8, 7:30 a.m. – Deer Grove East* (entrance on north side of Dundee Road, west of Hicks Road, east of Smith Street. Go to farthest parking area) with optional extension to Camp Alphonse (off Dundee Road)
- May 15, 7:30 a.m.—Beverly Lake* (parking lot on north side of Higgins Rd/Rt. 72, east of Rt. 25, west of Beverly Road)
- May 19, 7:30 a.m. – Crabtree Nature Center (3 Stover Road off of Palatine Road)
- May 20, 3:30 p.m. – Baker’s Lake for students and adults (parking lot on Highland Ave. south of Hillside Ave)
- May 22, 7:30 a.m. – Headwaters* (parking lot on Wichman Rd. off north side of Rt. 72; ½ mile west of Rt. 59)
- May 29, 7:00 a.m.— Galloping Hill* (meet at Penny Road Pond parking lot, less than a mile west of Old Sutton/Penny Rd intersection)
- June 12, 7 a.m.—Galloping Hill* (meet at Penny Road Pond parking lot, less than a mile west of Old Sutton/Penny Rd intersection)
*indicates a more strenuous hike
Please RSVP to: Daniel Wear (312) 453-0230, Extension 2010 or [email protected] and let us know how best to contact you should that be necessary.