Citizens for Conservation is seeking an experienced, self-motivated individual to manage the restoration program of this volunteer led not-for-profit conservation organization and to help implement the organization’s mission, vision and board approved Strategic Plan. We are looking for an industrious individual who is a strong communicator and brings organizational skills to the position of Restoration Program Manager.
The Restoration Program Manager collaborates with the Citizens for Conservation Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, committees, and partners to implement and manage the Strategic Plan and Implementation Action Plan. This plan is essential to maintaining and growing Citizens for Conservation’s capacity to permanently protect and restore natural areas in the Barrington area and engage the community in improving natural habitats in the area. The Restoration Program Manager directly reports to the Chair of the Restoration and Stewardship Committee.
Citizens For Conservation Summary
Citizens for Conservation (CFC) is a volunteer-based, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization dedicated to preserving and restoring native habitats that once covered northeast Illinois.
CFC proactively preserves and restores land with the help of volunteers and donors who want to protect the health and beauty of the land for future generations. We also work within the community and the region to foster healthy environmental ethics and practices. Our efforts benefit native plants and animals and enhance ecosystem services such as groundwater protection, flood mitigation, erosion control, and carbon storage.
- Bachelor’s degree in ecology, botany, natural resource management, environmental sciences, or closely related fields.
- Two to three years of restoration experience with a deep understanding of the plant communities native to northeastern Illinois; methods for restoration of degraded ecosystems; endangered species monitoring; standard sources of information in natural area management and restoration ecology; proficiency in the preparation and writing of restoration plans, management schedules, and project contracts.
- Collaborative individual with a passion for ecology and the leadership ability to collaborate with a wide range of community members, including volunteers, stewards, and partners.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in the management of natural areas, invasives species control and the knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Ability to use GIS software, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, create maps, and organize metadata.
- Organized, efficient, meticulous, innovative, and a positive team player.
- Strong aptitude for due diligence and compliance matters.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for and commitment to the CFC mission.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and diverse networks to cultivate existing partnerships and foster new, long-term relationships.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to understand, interpret, and discriminate blueprints and contract specifications.
- Demonstrable knowledge of local geographies and stakeholder interests, watershed issues, collaborative resource management, federal and state grant programs and network of ecological management agencies and organizations.
This is a full-time salaried position, 40 hours per week. Flexible hours with recurring evening and weekend commitments. Citizens for Conservation operates in Barrington, Illinois. Must be able to travel occasionally.
Salary: $46,000 – $55,000, plus benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are interested in finding the best candidate for the job. If you are interested in applying, we encourage you to think broadly about your background and skill set for the role even if do not believe you can perform every task listed in the job description.
HOW TO APPLY AND APPLICATION DEADLINES
Submit applications via email or hard copy before June 6, 2023. Please direct a cover letter and a copy of your resume to Allison Frederick, Administrative Director, Citizens for Conservation.
Address submissions to:
Citizens for Conservation
Attn: Allison Frederick
459 West Highway 22
Barrington, Illinois 60010
Or send via email to [email protected]
VIEW THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION.
Date posted: April 19, 2023