You can make an immediate gift to Citizens for Conservation by donating online through PayPal:
Donate by Mail
You may mail us a check to:
Citizens for Conservation, Inc.
459 W. Highway 22
Barrington, IL 60010
If you would like to make a gift of land, please contact us.
For over forty years, Citizens for Conservation has acquired and restored ecologically significant land in the Barrington area with the help of generous contributions and land donations. We have collaborated with local municipalities and forest preserve districts to protect thousands of additional acres. Our efforts help maintain the natural beauty and open spaces in our communities and contribute to the quality of life for present and future generations.
If you would like to consider naming Citizens for Conservation in your will, please contact us.
A planned gift through your estate can ensure CFC has funds for future land acquisition and stewardship while providing you with valuable tax benefits. And best of all, there are many easy ways to do it:
- Will bequest. A clause in a will or codicil is one of simplest ways to make a gift from an estate to CFC.
- Living trust. A clause similar to a will bequest will implement a charitable gift to CFC through a living trust.
- Charitable gift annuity. A gift annuity transfers donor assets to CFC in exchange for the promise to pay a lifetime annuity. An annuity provides income, some of which may be tax-free, and estate tax deductions as well as capital gains tax benefits.
- Charitable life income trust. The donor can make a large gift while retaining income. Some charitable trusts provide substantial tax benefits and capital gains tax avoidance.
- Retirement plan gift. Donors can designate CFC as a beneficiary in Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA's) and 401(k) plans. Some donors are able to make gifts directly from their retirement plans.
- Life insurance gift. Donors can donate policies or simply name Citizens for Conservation as a beneficiary.
- Real estate gift. Real estate gifts come in a variety of sizes and arrangements. Some allow donors to make gifts, obtain charitable tax deductions and remain on the property for their lifetimes. Some gifts may provide benefit by capital gains tax avoidance.
Your legacy gift will:
- Support your values
- Reduce your income taxes and/or estate taxes
- Improve our community for future generations
- Honor or memorialize someone you love
- Allow you to retain control of your assets during your lifetime
- leave a meaningful legacy
- Contribute to the open land in perpetuity[/columnize]
Please download the CFC Planned Giving Brochure to discuss options with your family.
If you shop online, you can support Citizens for Conservation by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com. Amazon.com has a service that allows you to pick a charity and donate .5% of every eligible purchase to it. The first time you go to smile.amazon.com you will be asked to select a charitable organization. Enter Citizens for Conservation and you are good to go!
AmazonSmile offers the same products, same prices and same service as Amazon.com. Don’t worry — CFC just receives the money from Amazon, not names of donors or a list of your purchases.