Volunteers are the core of CFC’s success. There are many areas to volunteer and help. Restoration volunteers work year-round on CFC land to cut brush, restore native plants, and sow and collect native seed. But volunteers also work in many other areas that support CFC’s mission, including education, fundraising, wildlife monitoring, office activities and special events. Contact us to offer your services in any of these areas.
- Conservation Monitoring- Become a citizen scientist and help animals and plants throughprograms like blue bird monitoring.
- Eagle/Gold Scout — Work with us on a project to earn your Eagle/Gold award.
- Back office — Scan and file and sort through mail, help with computer work, assist with projects, and other office tasks.
- Photography — Take photos of our beautiful properties, at our events and at our workdays. Share your own nature based photos.
- Social media — Keep CFC in the public eye with regular posts about activities and helpful information.
- Marketing — Create content and organize events to aid outreach.
- Fourth Graders on the Prairie – Help with our annual event as students have hands-on learning experiences with nature, utlizing STEAM fundementals, along with lots of fun.