CFC partnered with six other conservation organizations to create the Barrington Greenway Initiative (BGI) to link 14,000 acres of quality habitat to support the natural migration of native plants and wildlife. Based on this positive experience and outcomes of doing more together, CFC has reached out to collaborate with various organizations for ecological based partnership projects.
Working together has fostered sharing of resources, knowledge and talents for the good of nature and the people of our community. We are excited to continue this approach of building partnerships and relationships for the advancement of all.
Partnership Projects – 2019
- Barrington Greenway Initiative (BGI): Citizens for Conservation, Audubon Great Lakes, Lake County Forest Preserve, Forest Preserves of Cook County, McHenry County Conservation District, Bobolink Foundation, and Friends of the Forest Preserves.
- Barrington Area Council of Governments (BACOG) – Villages of: Barrington, Barrington Hills, Barrington Township, Cuba Township, Deer Park, Lake Barrington, North Barrington, South Barrington and Tower Lakes.
- Chicago Academy of Sciences – Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
- Barrington School District 220
- Flint Creek / Spring Creek Watershed Partnership
- Smart Farm
- Mindful Waste
- Chicago Living Corridors
- Walk On Farm
- Southeastern Grasslands Initiative
- Barrington Area Library
- Barrington Area Conservation Trust
Contact CFC if you are interested in helping or collaborating on a strategic project.