Citizens for Conservation (CFC) is an award winning, volunteer-based conservation organization working in northeastern Illinois. Our efforts continue to build on decades of positive ecological results which provide benefits to our communities, people, wildlife, and water and air improvements. Due to CFC’s emphasis on volunteerism, more than 94% of CFC’s revenue is devoted to program efforts rather than administration
All our conservation efforts begin with you. When you donate, you help make our work possible and invest in the future. There are several different ways to contribute to CFC‘s efforts depending on your preference or your tax situation.
WAYS TO DONATE
- Credit Card-Click here to contribute
- PayPal – Click here to contribute
- Check –Click here to download a mail-in form
- Company matching contributions – Request matched funds to increase your gift
- Sponsorships Be recognized by supporting one of our educational or activity events.
- Honorariums or Memorials – Honor someone with the beauty of nature
- AmazonSmile Purchases – Designate Citizens for Conservation Inc as your preferred charity on Amazon purchases. More information smile.amazon.com
- Donor Advised Funds – Contribute using this flexible giving option for making gifts to a 501(c)(3). The IRS now allows for multiyear pledges and recurring gifts to be made through a Donor Advised Fund.
- Securities –Donate stocks, bonds or mutual funds which may provide you significant tax benefits
- Qualified Charitable Distributions (“QCD”) – Donate from an IRA which may minimize both income and estate taxes and reduce other expenses like Medicare premiums driven by the magnitude of your Adjusted Gross Income.
- Real Estate –Donate land to help nature and save on taxes
- Life Insurance Policies –Name CFC as a beneficiary which may save on estate taxes
- Wills or Trusts –Designate a gift in your estate plan
- Grants – Recommend opportunities for CFC to apply for grants and foundation awarded funds
- Cy Pres Awards – Recommend CFC as the qualified charitable organization for the distribution of money from a class action settlement.
*The implications of utilizing these different donation vehicles are unique to your particular tax situation. Thus you should confer with your tax advisor. But feel free to contact our Treasurer, we are happy to work with you to create a plan that fulfills your personal desires and objectives.
Citizens for Conservation, 459 West Highway 22, Barrington, IL 60010, or 847-382-7283.
Donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law and are processed in U.S. dollars. Citizens for Conservation is a U.S. not-for-profit, tax-exempt charitable organization (tax identification number 23-7106675) under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.